Mold testing and mold inspection in Queens is a profitable venture. Thousands of mold testing and inspection companies send out marketing campaigns every year, telling residential and business owners that mold testing is essential and that they should have their properties regularly inspected if they have a mold problem.
However, astute property owners may query if mold testing is necessary. Is it essential to test the mold before it is removed?
The answer to that question is certainly not, much to the dismay of most mold removal companies in Queens.
The mold that is present on a microscopic level is usually not a cause for concern. Mold spores are a natural component of the environment and the means by which the species reproduces. They are a part of the natural world, and we breathe the air both outside and inside our homes. Mold does not become a problem until it has grown to a size where we can see it.
Although mold testing businesses in Queens will never tell you this, the majority of mold inspections are a waste of time and money. It turns out that once the mold is visible, there is not much else you can do except remove it. That is all there is to it.
Why is Only Visible Mold A Concern?
You may believe it is worthwhile to establish what type of mold is present in their environment in order to evaluate whether it is toxic or not. Concerned homeowners call in mold testing professionals to detect the specific species of mold in their property. The company then compares the results to a database of mold species and issues a report on the potential threats.
To be sure, not all molds are harmful to people’s health. Mold-related health concerns can vary depending on an individual’s allergy symptoms and other health issues. If you notice visible mold in your house, your first concern should be to eradicate it, as it is likely to be harmful to your health as well as the general value and appeal of your property.
What If You Want to Test for Mold Even Though You Cannot See It?
Testing for mold when none is evident may appear to be a smart policy. Is not it possible that even small amounts of mold in your home can harm your health?
Unfortunately, it is not that straightforward. Mold is a natural element of the environment, and our bodies are generally built to deal with spores in modest amounts, as previously stated. If mold is not visible to the human eye, it is unlikely to be producing enough spores to harm your health or your home. However, if you or someone you know is having health problems, has ruled out other possible explanations, and has been suggested by a medical practitioner to be the cause of your symptoms, we strongly advise you to invest in having your house tested.
On the other hand, if mold is visible, it is likely producing enough toxins to be worth cleaning up. Again, there is usually no need for a mold test because you will want to get rid of the mold anyhow.
Contact Indoor Mold Testing for mold inspection, testing, and removal today!