Mold testing and inspection is a large industry. Thousands of mold testing and inspection companies send out marketing materials every year, telling house and business owners that mold testing in Queens is vital and that they should have their properties inspected on a regular basis in case they have a mold problem.
However, astute property owners may query if mold testing is necessary. Is it necessary to test the mold before it is removed?
The answer to that question is probably not, much to the dismay of most mold removal companies.
The mold that is present on a microscopic level is usually not a cause for concern. Mold spores are a natural component of the environment and the means by which the species reproduces. They’re a natural element of the environment, and they’re present in the air we breathe both outside and inside our homes. Mold only becomes an issue when it develops to the point where we can see it.
Why is Only Visible Mold a Concern?
You may believe it is worthwhile to determine what type of mold is present in their environment to evaluate whether it is toxic or not. Concerned homeowners call in mold testing professionals to detect the specific species of mold in their property. The company then compares the results to a database of mold species and issues a report on the potential threats.
To be sure, not all molds are harmful to people’s health. Mold-related health concerns can vary depending on an individual’s allergy symptoms and other health issues. Modern science has identified more than 100,000 species so far. Only a small amount of them have been shown to produce toxic compounds to those who do not have hypersensitivities.
However, this fact is irrelevant and demonstrates why mold testing is a waste of time and money. If you notice visible mold in your house, your first concern should be to eradicate it, as it is likely to be harmful to your health as well as the general value and appeal of your property.
What If You Require to Test for Mold Even If You Can’t Notice It?
Mold testing when none is possible may appear to be an excellent policy. Isn’t it true that even small amounts of mold in your house can harm your health?
Unfortunately, it isn’t that quick. Mold is a natural component of nature, and our bodies are usually built to deal with spores in modest amounts, as previously stated. If mold isn’t visible to the human eye, it’s unlikely to be producing enough spores to harm your health or your home. However, if you or someone you know is having health problems, has ruled out other possible explanations, and has been suggested by a medical practitioner to be the cause of your symptoms, it is strongly advisable for you to invest in having your house tested.
On the other hand, if mold is noticeable, it’s producing enough nastiness to be worth cleaning up. Again, there’s usually no need for a mold test because you’ll want to get rid of the mold anyhow.
Contact Indoor Mold Specialist for mold testing services today!